Thursday, August 2, 2012

Why The Penguin on My Fridge?

Welcome!

You may be wondering, "Why name a blog The Penguin On My Fridge?" Answer: because I couldn't come up with anything better. Everything I tried previously ended up sounding like the corniest thing in the world or that I was trying too hard.

Rejected Titles:

Coffee and Jesus
Growing Tenacity
Snarky Ramblings
The Purple Teapot
Just a Girl

Honestly, I'm often an outward processor. I've had a lot of things that I've wanted to blog about, but I was spending so much time trying to find the perfect name for a blog that I just haven't gotten any farther. I was stuck. Today I decided to just name it something I like and then get on with life.

I like the penguin on my fridge. I actually painted the penguin on my fridge. I was taking a college class about using art in elementary classrooms, and my teacher told me to paint something dream like. This is what I came up with:

I could make a metaphor about how I'm like the penguin, traveling down the yellow brick road to an unknown magical destination and this blog is a way to track my journey, but I'll spare you. 

This blog is not about penguins. It's about my thoughts on life, God, and becoming an adult. Expect a fair amount of snarkiness and incorrect usages of punctuation. 

Oh! And if you're curious about my previous blog, here it is: http://anniekb.blogspot.com/

Also, feel free to help me name or give a story to the penguin on my fridge. Below is evidence that he is, in fact, on my fridge:


Happy Reading! 


No comments:

Post a Comment