Thursday, August 2, 2012

What a year

It was my birthday at the beginning of this month. Birthdays more than anything else give me cause to look over the past year. This past year was definitely a big one! In the past year (and 28 days) I:

  • Got a new car
  • Drove to Canada with a stranger and spent a week as a camp counselor in my favorite place in the world with some of my favorite people in the world. 
  • Moved to Northeast Minneapolis with some of the coolest roommates on the planet

  • Started grad school at the U of M for special education 
  • Started interning with ACR Homes
  • Stopped working at Bobby and Steve's 
  • Rode a greyhound bus over 24 hours down to TX to share homecoming with my Baylor friends (Good story:  http://anniekb.blogspot.com/2011/11/greyhound-ragamuffins.html)
  • Started Redemption groups with Hope Community Church (life changer fo sho) 
  • Read the Hunger Games (loved them.) 
  • Got my first grown up job as a residential supervisor with ACR Homes
  • Moved (again) into Walnut where I am living by myself for the first time
  • Cooked my first (and only) meal in a crockpot
  • Had the healthiest dating experience of my life
  • Went to Colorado and saw mountains for the first time
  • Brought my MN girls with me to TX. Explored Austin and got to see my first college friend get married.

  • Started paying back college loans (woo hoo!) 
  • Attended my five year class reunion 
  • Took my first summer class
  • Ran away with my Mom back to Canada to help out at Camp of the Woods once again 
I've learned a lot over the last year (and 28 days.) 
  • Strangers are interesting to talk to. Everyone has a story to share.
  • It's hard to care about school when working full time at a job I love. 
  • The motivation behind most sins is a lie that I believe about myself or God. 
  • There really is a point in life where guys and girls can't really just be good friends.
  • I love sweatpants, milk stouts and coffee benders, Chinese take out, Jesus, and wedding dances
  • Even though I'm getting older, I'm really still just a 12 year old girl in my head. 
I wonder what this next year will bring? 

No comments:

Post a Comment